ACA Research and Fifth Quadrant (ABN 53 088 072 940) (“ACA Research”) respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
ACA Research also adheres to the Privacy (Market and Social Research) Code 2014 (“Code”). For more information about the Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Principles and the Code click here:
2. What personal information about you does ACA Research collect and hold?
The information ACA Research collects varies from project to project however can include name, date of birth, gender, occupation, work location, salary, opinions and feedback in relation to products, brands, services etc. When providing personal information you have the option of remaining anonymous or use a pseudonym to be identified by. However, in certain circumstances, such as where we receive your contact details from a third party or where the research data itself may potentially allow for identification, this may will not be practicable.
Depending on the nature of the research we conduct, we may also collect sensitive information from you, such as political opinion, health information etc. Sensitive information will only be collected with your prior consent and only if it is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, the research we conduct.
3. How does ACA Research collect and hold your personal information?
ACA Research will generally collect your personal information directly from you in the course of you being screened for our research, participating in our research and/or surveys. However, we may also from time to time collect personal information about you from third parties, such as sponsoring clients for the research providing a list of potential candidates for the research. If so, we ensure that we only collect personal information where each individual is aware that their information has been passed onto us prior to receiving it or that the contact details are publically accessible.
We may also collect personal information from promotional activities such as promotional events and competitions, from other directly related companies, from organisers of events that organisation sponsors.
4. What are the purposes, for which ACA Research uses, handles and discloses your personal information?
5. Who will ACA Research disclose your personal information to?
ACA Research will not disclose any personally identifiable research information we collect from you unless we have your express prior consent (verbally or in writing) and will only report the information you provide in an aggregate form that will not personally identify you. We will not disclose any personal information or personally identifiable research information to a third party other than to the research moderator for the applicable research (only in the event that you choose to attend an interview/ discussion), for a purpose other than conducting our research unless we have your express prior consent or are required to do so by an Australian law.
You have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you. You can request this information by contacting the Privacy Officer at the details listed below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will respond to your request in a reasonable time and endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g., emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval. However this fee will not be excessive and will only apply to the facilitation of your request.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
7. Questions and complaints
- Andrew Kerrigan
- Ph.: +61 2 9927 3319
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: ACA Research, Level 6, 54 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060.
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint or not. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider it appropriate to take in response.
If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
- 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges).
- If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls)
- TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
- Post: GPO Box 2999, Canberra ACT 2601
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Email: email@example.com
8. ACA Research website
When visiting the ACA Research website (www.acaresearch.com.au), the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- The user’s server address: To consider the users who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements;
- The date and time of the visit to the site: This is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded: This indicates to ACA Research which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- Duration of the visit and geographical location: This indicates to us how interesting and
informative the ACA Research site is to users; the type of browser used – this is important
for browser specific coding
- Personal information: This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and
that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
- In order to optimise the ACA Research website and better understand its usage, we collect the visiting domain name or IP address, Computer Operating System, Browser Type and Screen Resolution.
A cookie is a piece of information that an Internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. Cookies are either stored in memory (session cookies) or placed on your hard disk (persistent cookies). The ACA Research website has persistent cookies. If you do not wish your information to be retained you will need to clear your browser history.
9. Retention and destruction of personal information
ACA Research will destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as practicable once it is longer needed for our research purposes. However, we may in certain circumstances be required by law to retain your personal information after our research has been completed. In this case your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with this Policy. If we destroy personal information we will do so by taking reasonable steps and using up-to-date techniques and processes.
10. Security of Information
ACA Research will take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our website and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
In this policy "personal information" has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
This policy is effective from 2nd February 2015 and last updated on 1st March 2022 to reflect a change in ACA Research office location and website format.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org